Are you or a loved one addicted to opiates? Are you or a family member taking Suboxone/Subutex?

Take my Quiz! How silky are you?

Saturday, July 17, 2010

I Can't Stop Thinking About It

Why do bad things things happen to good people? I remember my mom had a book with that title when I was younger. A copy was given to her by someone very shortly after my dad died and I remember being 8 years old and looking at it just sobbing thinking to myself and asking myself, why? Why does God let such awful things happen to good people?

And as I sit here tonight I wonder the same things. Friends dealing with crisis within their families. Families and my family dealing with death. Friends and family dealing with horrible people who want nothing but to make their lives miserable for whatever stupid reason. Myself dealing with crazy family, health, and finance issues that are allowing me to fall into a state of emotional wreck.

But, a good friend gave me some great advice recently. God gave us eyes in the front of our head so that we can look forward and not back. The quote is not exact but very similar.

So as I sit here, ready to throw in the towel, ready to give up. Ready to go back into my bed and sob as I try to sleep....I remember that what I'm going through is nothing compared to what some others close to me are dealing with. I have to have a plan. I can't let myself keep looking back. I have to move forward. With or without those who are holding me back. Life is too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment