Are you or a loved one addicted to opiates? Are you or a family member taking Suboxone/Subutex?

Take my Quiz! How silky are you?

Friday, July 16, 2010

It's Been Too LONG!

I have to stop neglecting my blog. But, alas, I have been busy. Busy removing toxic people from my life, from my groups, from stalking my friends, etc. Busy with a toddler that is getting her molars, and two boys who claim to be ever bored on their summer break. (I have to admit, it's been so hot it's hard to leave the house and the A/C! Is this the hottest summer ever, or what?) Busy trying to keep myself going and on track with tapering from my Suboxone and getting myself back to "normal".

The one thing that never ceases to amaze me is how incredibly ignorant and immature some people can be. In just the past day I have witnessed bullying, stalking, ignorance, and women who have WAY too much time on their hands. Don't you people have children to care for? Oh yeah! I forgot they must take a back seat to online feuds (insert puke face and yawn face here!)

On to the GOOD stuff! My daughter, my beautiful daughter! She is dealing with an undiagnosed (for now) speech delay. We have EI coming out on Aug 3rd for the eval. for their speech therapy program. I'm excited. I'm excited to learn some new tips to get her talking sooner and getting some interaction with others besides us. It will be great for her. Robert was an early talker, Tyler was a late talker but at the time I wasn't online and his doctor wasn't overly concerned with it so I dealt with it. And no worries, when he was about 3.5 yrs old he started talking and to this day, never stopped. My only worries with Lil are her sensory issues combined with her not talking. I'm going to be very relieved to have a professional involved.

So maybe now that toxic people are going to be removed and vacation is upon us....NC for 4 days! WOOT BABY! (except for the 9 hr car drive, No WOOT on that one! UGH!) It's gonna be a blast. And much needed. Many upcoming things to look forward to as well as Robert is looking forward to Cub Scout camp next week. I never hear the end of it. I'm just proud of him for being a scout. That's my little man!

Stay tuned for my Paying It Forward entry coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Laura you are amazing! You are a teriffic mom, a great friend a loving wife and super woman! You do the best you can and never look back and let it ruin what is forward! You are so freaking awesome and someone I admire. Your kids are so lucky to have you. Lily bug will be ok, you know how I know? She has you for a mom.

    ReplyDelete