Are you or a loved one addicted to opiates? Are you or a family member taking Suboxone/Subutex?

Take my Quiz! How silky are you?

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The 3 Night Sleep Challenge

It has begun. The 3 nights that will hopefully change the way Rob and I sleep. Oh yeah, and Lily too, of course. She is the one who rules the roost around here. Or as the boys say, "she's the boss"!
Lily is a horrible sleeper. I blame it on Rob. She falls asleep great but she just can not stay asleep. Since I was working, Rob would get up with her at night (when I first went back to work she was sleeping through the night steadily). Once she started waking again around 13 to 14 months old, he would just give her a big ol' bottle of milk and tuck her back in. She became used to this and now its a nightly battle. Its to the point now she just wants human contact at night and not even a bottle. She wants to rock, play, be held.
I am laid off so this past week of getting up with her at night has been unreal. I feel like I have a newborn again. I even found myself rocking her for 45 mins. one night until she fell back asleep. So, this morning after a very long night that included arguing with my husband in the middle of the night about why she is not sleeping and how to get her to sleep, I decided enough is enough. Thus, the 3 night sleep challenge was born. I am very positive that I can train her to sleep through the night again in 3 nights.
This is night one and she went to bed at 7 30pm. She woke at 10 30pm crying a fussy cry. I am doing a Ferber type method so I waited 5 minutes and went in and filled her bottle with water (no more milk in the middle of the night). I didn't pick her up and she was mad about that. She let me hear it for about 5 more minutes. It seems she has settled back in with her bottle of water. Looks like it's gonna be a long night.... to be continued..... sleep tight everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment