Are you or a loved one addicted to opiates? Are you or a family member taking Suboxone/Subutex?

Take my Quiz! How silky are you?

Monday, January 11, 2010

What I am most passionate about....

In my opinion as a mom of three and having training and worked as a medical assistant, vaccinating is the single most important thing you can do for your child. Vaccinating does not cause autism, vaccines save lives. Yes, as with any medicine there are risks and side-effects that can affect a small number of children. However, the chance of your child getting the disease is much greater than them getting a reaction. Personally I'd rather my child get a fever or a rash than measles, HIB, or Polio.

(As for the flu shot... if you get the shot, it is a dead virus. Any illness you get after receiving the shot is pure coincidence. It is impossible to get sick from the shot.)

It has been proven by scientists and doctors that that vaccines do not cause autism. I don't need to list links here you can google "vaccines save lives" and you can even find pro-vaccine pages on Facebook. Actually the Pro-vaccine page on Facebook is my favorite. They have links to lots of great research proving that vaccines save lives and do not cause autism and other things. Check it out.

I have had a personal experience I'd like to share with you. When I was 2 years old I came down with Epiglottitis. Upon doing research when I was going to school to be a medical assistant I found that Epiglottitis is caused by HIB (haemophilus influenzae type B), but at that time in 1982 a vaccine for HIB was not available like it is for our children today. I had to be rushed to the hospital because my throat closed up and I could not breathe. I had to have an emergency Tracheotomy. The antibiotics I had to be on were so strong and one of the side effects of them were that they cause weakness in teeth. When I was 6 I had to have 8 teeth pulled at once. I have bad teeth to this day. Not to mention the scar on my neck as well from the trach. Not to mention thinking about what my parents went through. I cant imagine the horror.

The debate on vaccines makes absolutely no sense to me and it never will. If there is something simple you can do to save you child's life and keep them from getting a horrible disease, why would you not do that?

1 comment:

  1. I also am a mom of 3 and a former medical assistant and I couldn't agree more about vaccinating. That the whole debate about vaccines and Autism is ongoing blows my mind in light of the fact that NO (reliable) medical studies have demonstrated any link whatsoever! In addition to this, more and more parents are declining vaccines yet the rate of diagnosed Autism continues to rise.

    ReplyDelete