Are you or a loved one addicted to opiates? Are you or a family member taking Suboxone/Subutex?

Take my Quiz! How silky are you?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Part-time Single Mom

My husband has been doing some part time work, which is excellent! The only draw back? He travels to do it and is gone for three (to probably even fours days this time) at a time. Those three days I spend home alone with the kids. So technically no, I'm not single....just feel like it for those days due to parenting by myself.

Lily's behavior stays the same when dad isn't home. If anything, she is easier because she knows she can get her way with dad so she isn't as whiny when he is away. But, the BOYS!!! Oh the boys.... UGH! Every single time my husband goes away we all have the talk about how they are to act when he is not home. When dad is away, the boys think it is time to play. And I don't mean my boys aren't allowed to play....they just run around like banshees! Constantly on each other, and screaming, and running, and wrestling. Robert's nine year old attitude comes to a head. Tyler becomes extremely clingy and whiny. He wants me to do everything for him. He wants me to decide what he should eat, what he should wear, what he should watch...

This morning I sent them out to the bus stop five minutes early, in the pouring rain. I had enough. It was only 8 am and I had already been yelling at them to leave each other alone. Stop running in the house. Stop throwing things. Stop hitting each other. Stop with the whining. Stop with the attitude!

I'm not an easy mom. I don't let everything go. So I wonder why they act up like this? I know they don't act this way for other people. They behave excellent in school. So, I guess I'm doing something right if they only act this way for me....
Aren't I?

2 comments:

  1. Lol, my girls act better for dad than for me! I hate it! I'll come home to a nice, quiet house. That lasts for maybe 5 seconds and it's back to screaming and yelling to be picked up, for a treat, etc. So, I get it!

    PS. I'm new to your blog and found it on the Bargain board from BBC. I agree with your take on Mainstream parenting and look forward to "getting to know you" even more:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bonnie! Im so glad you found me!

    ReplyDelete